DNC Announces Ad on Republican Health Care Repeal
June 20, 2017
Ahead of the Senate’s reported repeal vote next week, the DNC today released its new digital ad highlighting how Donald Trump and Republicans celebrated passing a bill that would kick 23 million Americans off of their health insurance to provide tax breaks to millionaires. The digital ad comes on the heels of Senate Republicans negotiating the repeal of the Affordable Care Act behind closed doors even though three-quarters of Americans feel that Republicans should discuss their plan publicly. The ad will run in Nevada, Arizona, Maine, Alaska, Texas and Tennessee.
Americans across the country overwhelmingly oppose Trump and Republicans’ secretive efforts to take their health care away.
· 73% of Americans think Senate Republicans should discuss their health care plan publicly.
· Only 28% of Americans think the Affordable Care Act should be repealed.
· In Alaska only 29% of voters approve of AHCA.
· In Arizona only 31% of voters approve of AHCA.
· In Maine only 30% of voters approve of AHCA.
· In Nevada only 31% of voters approve of AHCA.
· In Tennessee, only 35% of voters approve of AHCA.
· In Texas, only 34% of voters approve of AHCA.