IN THE STATES: As President Biden and VP Harris Lead, GOP Chaos Continues
October 13, 2023
In the wake of the deadly attacks on Israel, Donald Trump coupled shameful attacks on our ally with praise for its terrorist enemy, Hezbollah, during a rally in Florida, demonstrating once again how reckless and unfit he is to lead.
- In Florida: Miami Herald: After praising Hezbollah and criticizing Netanyahu, Trump faces backlash
- In Illinois: Chicago Sun-Times: Pritzker, as Biden campaign surrogate, slams Trump’s praise of Hezbollah
On Wednesday, the Biden-Harris administration announced new sweeping actions to further cut down junk fees, protect American consumers, and lower costs for hardworking families.
- In Connecticut: CT Insider: From concert tickets to cable bills, crackdown on hidden fees is coming
- In Georgia: Morgan County Citizen: Biden Wants To Get Rid of Your ‘Junk Fees’
- In Georgia: 11 Alive: ‘Junk fees’ added onto tickets, hotels, more cracked down on by Federal Trade Commision, Biden
- In Hawaii: Komo News: Biden administration announces new rules to eliminate most ‘junk fees’
- In Hawaii: KITV 4: Biden says the FTC’s proposed ban on junk fees will help families and ‘honest’ businesses
- In Iowa: Iowa Starting Line: Biden moves to ban all junk fees and hidden charges for Iowans
- In New Jersey: New Jersey Globe: Pallone, Pascrell join Biden to tackle junk fees
- In Texas: Fox 26 Houston: Biden vows popular fight against ‘Junk Fees’
- In Texas: Dallas Weekly: Biden-Harris Administration Protects Consumers from Junk Fees
This week, Vice President Harris continued her “Fight for Our Freedoms” college tour with stops at the College of Charleston in South Carolina and the College of Southern Nevada. The vice president also met with members of the Culinary Union Local 226 and reaffirmed the Biden-Harris administration’s commitment to workers as the most pro-union White House in history.
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Sun: At CSN, VP Harris stresses importance of youth participation in politics
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Review-Journal: Vice president urges CSN students to get out and vote
- In Nevada: KSNV: Vice President Harris brings ‘Fight for Our Freedoms’ tour to College of Southern Nevada
- In South Carolina: The Post and Courier: VP Kamala Harris tells students to ‘lead the way’ during CofC event
- In South Carolina: Live 5 News: Kamala Harris speaks at College of Charleston in ‘Fight for Our Freedoms’ tour
- In South Carolina: Count on News 2: Vice President Kamala Harris speaks during the ‘College Tour’ in Charleston
- In South Carolina: WLOX: VIDEO: Kamala Harris speaks at College of Charleston in ‘Fight for Our Freedoms’ tour
- In South Carolina: ABC 4 News: Vice President Harris empowers students on national college tour: ‘Your nation is counting on you’
- In South Carolina: Charleston City Paper: 10/12 NEWSBREAK: Harris reaches out at CofC; Supreme Court hears gerrymandering case
- In South Carolina: Vigour Times: Kamala Harris Unleashes ‘Fight for Our Freedoms’ Tour at College of Charleston
Vice President Harris also traveled to St. Louis to rally Democratic leaders and speak about the importance of protecting our democracy ahead of the 2024 election.
- In Missouri: The St. Louis American: Kamala Harris: ‘Democracy is on the ballot’
- In Missouri: KSDK: Vice President Kamala Harris visits St. Louis
- In Missouri: Fox News 2: VP Kamala Harris visits St. Louis during fall DNC meeting
Across the country, Bidenomics continues to deliver for working people, rebuild America’s infrastructure, and build the economy from the bottom up and the middle out.
- In Arkansas: Banner-News: Biden-Harris Administration sending Arkansas $785 million from the bipartisan infrastructure law for roads, bridges and more
- In California: Oakdale Leader: Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Sending Funds To California
- In Georgia: Capitol Beat: Suniva to restart solar cell plant in Gwinnett County
- In Georgia: Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Suniva to reopen solar plant in Georgia, citing Biden climate law
- In Idaho: Idaho Press: $445M in federal funds for Idaho infrastructure projects
- In Maryland: WBALTV: Exclusive preview: Pete Buttigieg explains how bipartisan infrastructure law will benefit Maryland
- In Nevada: Nevada Current: The Inflation Reduction Act will rein in drug company price gouging. Finally.
- In Washington: KUOW: Washington state gets $1B boost for roadwork, including EV infrastructure
While the Biden-Harris administration addresses crucial issues at home and abroad, congressional Republicans continue to spiral into a crisis of their own making and put our national security at risk.
- In Colorado: Colorado Pols: Scalise Gets Speaker Nomination, Boebert Vows More Chaos
- In Hawaii: Komo News: Washington’s congressional leaders on House Speaker chaos: ‘We’re paralyzed right now’
- In Idaho: Post Register: Opinion: Tommy Tuberville needs to be stopped
- In Kansas: Derby Informer: Race for US House speaker in chaos as Republican nominee drops out
- In Virginia: 13 News Now: Sen. Tommy Tuberville continues blocking military promotions