IN THE STATES: Biden, Dems Tout Accomplishments on the Road
October 21, 2022
In the states this week, DNC Chair Jaime Harrison began a series of get out the vote events for Democrats up and down the ballot in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania ahead of the midterm elections. To kick off the swing, he joined Charlie Crist, Nikki Fried, and Florida Democrats yesterday in Jacksonville to rally voters ahead of the start of early voting.
- CBS News: DNC to launch bus tour in eight states where races are tight
- In North Carolina: News & Observer: Dave Matthews to headline Raleigh concert for Cheri Beasley and NC Democrats
- In Florida: Florida Politics: DNC Chair Jaime Harrison, Nikki Fried rally Charlie Crist supporters
Meanwhile, DNC Executive Director Sam Cornale talked to local TV in Wisconsin about what’s at stake in November.
- In Wisconsin: WBAY: Millions of Americans already voting ahead of consequential midterm elections
Also in Pennsylvania, President Biden joined Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman in Pittsburgh to visit the site of the Fern Hollow Bridge, which collapsed almost nine months prior. In less than a year, thanks to the president’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and city of Pittsburgh have made significant progress in rebuilding the bridge and other critical infrastructure.
- In Pennsylvania:
Also this week, the manufacturing boom for electric vehicles under President Biden and Democrats’ leadership continued, as President Biden announced $2.8 billion from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law for 20 companies across 12 states to expand domestic manufacturing of batteries for electric vehicles.
- In Alabama: AL.com: Colbert County project gets $117 million federal grant to support electric vehicle batteries
- In Georgia: The Augusta Chronicle: Augusta polymers plant wins $178 million grant to build electric-vehicle battery parts
- In Kentucky: Louisville Courier Journal: Electric vehicle battery plant in Kentucky lands nearly $500 million federal investment
- In Louisiana: Lafayette Daily Advertiser: Louisiana EV battery industry footprint expanding with infrastructure bill funding
- In Missouri: St. Louis Post-Dispatch: New $400M plant to support EV battery production slated for St. Louis’ Carondelet area
- In Nevada: KOLO: Biden admin invests $57 million into northern Nevada for green energy
- In North Carolina: WRAL TechWire: Two NC companies land nearly $300M in lithium battery grants, to create hundreds of jobs
- In North Dakota: Grand Forks Herald: Proposed North Dakota plant to process ingredients for Tesla electric car batteries
- In Tennessee: WTVC: Chattanooga, McMinn EV battery companies to get millions in federal grants
- In Washington: KHQ: President Biden to award grants from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to manufacturing companies in Moses Lake
And with less than a month until Election Day, Republicans are still doubling down on their extreme, anti-choice agenda — even though their positions are dangerous and out of touch with Americans. But Democrats are fighting to protect women’s freedom to make their own health care decisions, and making clear the right to choose is on the ballot this November.
- In Florida: Tallahassee Democrat: What are Ron DeSantis’ plans on abortion in Florida? He’s not saying as Election Day nears
- In Florida: Florida Politics: Alan Cohn attacks Laurel Lee on abortion issue amid reports of young incest victim
- In Idaho: Idaho Press: Ferro: Republican extremists endanger Idaho women | Columnists
- In Maine: Maine Beacon: More than 100 Maine GOP candidates endorsed by extreme anti-abortion, anti-LGBT group
- In Minnesota: MinnPost: Ken Martin: Jim Schultz would not fight for Minnesotans rights to a legal abortion in the state