IN THE STATES: Biden’s Economic Plan Is Working
December 2, 2022
In the states this week, local news was full of headlines showing President Biden’s economic plan is working, from lower gas prices to manufacturing jobs coming back.
Here’s what they’re reading about gas prices hitting their lowest level since Russia invaded Ukraine:
- In Arkansas: KATV: Gas price average across Arkansas drops $3 per gallon
- In California: KPBS: Average San Diego County gas price drops under $5 for first time since March 3
- In Florida: Tallahassee Democrat: Florida gas prices fall 6 cents to $3.34 a gallon average
- In Georgia: WSB-TV: Gas prices slowly inch downward ahead of holiday season
- In Ohio: Cleveland Plain Dealer: Gas prices dropping, with several stations in Cleveland area below $3 per gallon
- In Washington: KOMO News: Average Seattle gas price is 43 cents lower than last month
Also this week, President Biden visited Bay City, Michigan, to tout the American manufacturing jobs boom, thanks in large part to the Biden-Harris administration’s Made in America agenda.
- In Michigan: Michigan Advance: Biden calls CHIPS Act a ‘game-changer’ during Bay County semiconductor plant tour
- In Michigan: Detroit Free Press: Biden in Michigan: People should feel pride, optimism about changing economy
- In Michigan: Michigan Radio: President Biden proclaims Michigan plant a “game changer”
Across the states, headlines show investments from the Biden-Harris administration’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law are continuing to be awarded to help lower costs, make Americans’ travel faster and safer, reduce emissions and more.
- In Colorado: The Journal: White House highlights Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funding supporting Colorado
- In Florida: Florida Politics: Miami-Dade scores $1.4M in federal earmarks for transit-oriented development
- In Kentucky: WYMT: More than $10 million of AML funding going toward water line projects in flood ravaged EKY counties
- In New Jersey: NJBIZ: New Jersey awarded nearly $169M for water infrastructure
- In Oklahoma: News 9: Will Rogers World Airport Receives Snow Removal Technology Grant
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Pa. broadband authority presents plan to improve high-speed internet access, infrastructure
- In Tennessee: Memphis Commercial Appeal: Buttigieg, in visit to Memphis, says airport is of ‘global importance’
- In Texas: CultureMap Dallas: Dallas ISD to add 25 electric school buses thanks to $7.6 million EPA grant
- In Washington: The Chronicle: Biden’s Infrastructure Law: A Look at Projects Funded During the First Year in Lewis and Thurston Counties
Finally, this week, President Biden, Vice President Harris, and Interior Secretary Deb Haaland welcomed Tribal leaders from across the country for the White House Tribal Nations Summit, where they reiterated their commitment to working with Tribal nations across the country.
- In Alaska: Anchorage Daily News: Biden administration commits $50 million to relocation of two Alaska villages threatened by climate change
- In California: Spectrum News: Biden, Harris pledge continued partnership with tribal nations at summit
- In Nevada: 2News: President Biden to Designate Avi Kwa Ame as New National Monument
- In New Mexico: Source NM: Tribal leaders get Joe Biden’s attention
- In Oklahoma: The Lawton Constitution: Oklahoma tribal leaders say synergy felt at Tribal Summit
- In Oregon: KXL: Biden announces ‘long overdue’ investments in Indian Country
- In Washington: Seattle Times: $25M from feds will boost Quinault Indian Nation’s climate relocation; here’s how