LOCAL NEWS: Americans’ Freedoms Under Attack Thanks to Donald Trump
December 14, 2023
Americans across the country have braced themselves this week as MAGA Republicans’ extreme attacks on reproductive rights, led by Donald Trump, continued to put their freedoms at risk. While President Biden and Vice President Harris are fighting to protect women’s right to make their own health care decisions and restore the protections of Roe v. Wade, Trump and MAGA Republicans won’t stop tearing apart Americans’ freedoms as they push to ban abortion nationwide.
See what they’re reading in the states:
- In Arizona: KAWC: Arizona Supreme Court takes up abortion issue
- In Arizona: AZ Mirror: Arizona Supreme Court weighs the future of legal abortion
- In Massachusetts: Boston Globe: How the Supreme Court’s decision to hear abortion pill case could impact Massachusetts
- In Missouri: The Kansas City Star: Biden campaign rips ‘cruel and draconian’ MO bills allowing murder charges in abortion cases
- In Missouri: Missouri Independent: Fear and confusion over abortion access persists as SCOTUS takes its first post-Dobbs case
- In Missouri: KSHB: KC-area woman closely watching U.S. Supreme Court case that would keep abortion pill accessible
- In North Carolina: WRAL: The Supreme Court will rule on limits on a commonly used abortion medication
- In North Carolina: The News & Observer: Supreme Court to hear case that could block abortion pill access. What to know in NC.
- In Tennessee: Hartsville Vidette: US Supreme Court agrees to rule on abortion pill restrictions
- In Texas: KTRK: What is mifepristone? Supreme Court to consider whether to restrict access to common abortion drug
- In Texas: Houston Press: U.S. Supreme Court May Rule on Whether to Limit Access to Abortion Pill Mifepristone
- In Texas: The Texas Tribune: Kate Cox’s case reveals how far Texas intends to go to enforce abortion law