REMINDER: Republicans Voted AGAINST Helping Safely Keep Schools Open
January 11, 2022
As President Biden has made clear, his administration and Democrats have taken every step to ensure schools have the resources today to safely open and teach our children, thanks to the American Rescue Plan. So, while Republicans now have a lot to say about whether or not schools should stay open, we can’t help but think about how every single congressional Republican voted against billions of dollars to provide schools with the resources they need to safely have children in classrooms.
Thanks to President Biden and Democrats, schools have the resources they need to safely reopen despite every single Republican lawmaker voting against it.
- WFLA: “US Dept. of Education approves Florida plan to support schools with $2.3B pandemic funds”
- KETV: “American Rescue Plan could pay Nebraska elementary and secondary school employees”
- Santa Fe New Mexican: “Governor’s, lawmakers’ $8.4 billion budgets tout funds for education, public safety”
- WTKR: “Department of Education approves Virginia’s plan to use American Rescue Plan funds to support K-12 schools”
- Ohio Capital Journal: “Ohio to use Rescue Plan education dollars for crisis preparation, combatting student drop-off”