NEW POLL: Majority of Americans Support Key Pieces of the Biden Administration’s COVID Response
January 25, 2022
In a new Axios-Ipsos poll, an overwhelming majority of the American people support the actions taken by the Biden administration to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. President Biden is delivering on his promise to listen to science and ensure Americans have the resources they need to stay safe and healthy.
New polling from Axios shows that Americans overwhelmingly support President Biden’s actions to make millions of vaccines, at-home tests, and masks free and easily available.
- “Two new Biden administration initiatives — mailing at-home COVID-19 tests to those who ask and making free N95 masks available — are hugely popular, each backed by 84% of Americans in the latest installment of the Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index.”
- “81% said they’re either very satisfied (46%) or mostly satisfied (35%) with the vaccine’s protection from their developing serious illness or dying.”
- “61% say they’re satisfied overall that the vaccines are allowing them to return to something like their normal pre-COVID routines.”
Already, Americans are beginning to receive their free at-home tests in the mail and free masks are being distributed to pharmacies across the country.
- CNN: “US pharmacies are rolling out free N95 masks as free Covid-19 tests begin to arrive in the mail”
- NBC News: “Free N95 masks arriving at pharmacies and stores around the country”
- Christina Gayman, spokesperson for Hy-Vee, Inc: “We have received many positive comments from customers who are happy we have the masks and are distributing them so quickly.”
- CNN: “Gourjoine Wade of San Antonio, Texas, told CNN he ordered the tests the day covidtests.gov went live last week. He wanted to have them on hand and ready for when they are needed. ‘It’s another tool in the toolbox of keeping me, my family, and our community safe,’ Wade said.”