Margin of Victory
Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities are a critical voting bloc for Democrats and proved to be the Margin of Victory in 2020. Join us as we mobilize our friends and families in both targeted and large-population AANHPI states to phone bank, text bank, and canvass for the midterm elections. See how the Biden-Harris administration and Democrats have delivered for AANHPI communities and all of the ways you can get involved.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Biden-Harris administration has delivered for AANHPI communities:
- The Biden-Harris administration is ensuring Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders are safe from hate crimes perpetrated against their communities: President Biden signed into law the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act to combat the rising number of hate crimes perpetrated against Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians.
- President Biden and his allies in Congress put money into the pockets of AA and NHPI parents and workers, and cut taxes for working- and middle-class families: Thanks to the expanded Child Tax Credit, monthly checks of up to $300 per child were sent to roughly 35 million households. These tax cuts benefited nearly 2.8 million Asian children.
- Since President Biden took office, his administration has expanded access to health care and lowered health care costs, including for AA and NHPI communities: President Biden’s American Rescue Plan included an expansion of health care access through the Affordable Care Act which lowered health care premiums for nine million Americans by $50 a month. This expansion benefited nearly 200,000 Asian Americans.
- The Biden administration has made it a priority that AA and NHPI students have access to a quality education, including ensuring schools safely re-opened: Provided over $36 billion in American Rescue Plan funding to institutions of higher education, including approximately $5 billion to Asian American and Native American and Pacific Islander-serving institutions.
- Under President Biden, minority-owned small businesses received support from the administration and have been able to stay open:
- Provided $28.6 billion through the Restaurant Revitalization Fund to help restaurants hit hard by the pandemic. This funding benefited over 100,000 businesses throughout the country.
- Provided billions in loans to minority-owned small businesses in fiscal year 2021 through the Small Business Administration’s core lending programs, including $8.6 billion in loans to AAPI-owned small businesses.
And so much more! If we want the Biden-Harris administration and Democrats to keep delivering for AANHPI communities, we must again be the Margin of Victory.