10 Ways Biden Is Already Fulfilling His Promises To Americans During First Month In Office
February 20, 2021
Since taking office on January 20, President Biden has worked tirelessly to fight the coronavirus pandemic and address the historic crises facing our nation. Here are 10 ways Biden has fulfilled his promises to the American people during his first month in office:
- President Biden immediately took action to combat the coronavirus pandemic, including requiring masks on federal property, bolstering access to testing and treatments, and issuing guidelines for reopening schools.
- President Biden has significantly ramped up vaccine production and distribution. Vaccine deliveries have increased 57% since he took office, and the U.S. is now averaging 1.7 million doses administered per day.
- President Biden introduced his $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, which will deliver direct relief to working families and help us beat the virus.
- This week, the Biden Administration opened a special ACA enrollment period to ensure Americans have access to the care they need and deserve during this health crisis.
- President Biden proposed the common-sense U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021, which will restore humanity and American values to our immigration system and offer a pathway to citizenship for the hardworking people who enrich our communities.
- To tackle the climate crisis, President Biden rejoined the Paris climate accord on his first day in office and launched a coordinated, whole-of-government effort to fight climate change.
- President Biden campaigned on a promise to Build Back Better, which he put into action by signing an executive order designed to support and strengthen American workers and manufacturers.
- To advance his racial equity agenda, President Biden signed executive actions that promote equitable housing policies, establish a commission on policing, and limit the use of private prisons.
- On Tuesday, the Biden administration extended and expanded relief programs for forbearance and foreclosure, delivering on President Biden’s promise of relief for the millions of families worried about losing their home.
- President Biden overturned Trump’s transgender military ban, allowing all qualified Americans the opportunity to serve their country in uniform.