By The Numbers: CBO Score of Senate Health Repeal
June 26, 2017
The CBO confirmed that the Senate GOP’s health care repeal bill is a disaster. The CBO score makes it clear why a majority of Americans and major health groups, including the American Medical Association, oppose this bill. Here is a look at some of the reasons why:
· 4 million Americans would lose employer provided coverage.
· Premiums for a 64-year old with middle income would skyrocket from $6,800 under the Affordable Care Act to $20,500 under the Senate bill.
· 22 million more Americans would lose their health insurance, including 15 million by next year alone.
· Medicaid funding is cut by $772 billion, which would cause enrollment to fall by about 16%, leaving an estimated 49 million people uninsured across the board.
· The bill defunds Planned Parenthood for one year, leaving about 15% of its patients without care.