DNC Launches Digital Ad Campaign in The Fayetteville Observer Highlighting Trump’s Disparaging Comments Towards Veterans & Military Families
September 19, 2020
North Carolina Democrats Held A Press Call Yesterday Condemning Trump’s Long Record of Disparaging Comments to Service Members
Ahead of President Trump’s trip to Fayetteville today, the Democratic National Committee is launching a digital ad campaign in The Fayetteville Observer highlighting Trump’s disparaging comments about American service members and their families.
The ads will run on the homepage of the newspaper’s website, and direct voters to watch the DNC’s ad “Sacrifice,” which slams Trump for the recent revelations that he called fallen soldiers “losers” and “suckers.” The spot was also released on cable in the Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville market last week. The Fayetteville Observer reaches voters in Fayetteville, where Trump is set to visit today.
Yesterday, the North Carolina Democratic Party also held a press call featuring veteran Rep. Grier Martin and military spouses Toni Morris and Margo Drakos, to discuss how Trump has betrayed our troops over the past four years including his recent disparaging comments.
“Nothing Trump says can change the truth about his long record of incompetence, his failed response to the coronavirus, and his terrible insults towards our military — and that’s why North Carolinians across the state will be voting him out of office,” said DNC Chair Tom Perez. “Voters in Fayetteville have seen the consequences of his broken promises up close: he’s diverted millions of funds away from military bases and Fort Bragg has seen a COVID outbreak after Trump spent months downplaying and lying about the virus. North Carolinians will hold this administration accountable for failing our service members by voting Trump out of office.”
These display ads will reach voters throughout the Fayetteville Observer’s website and will run for 24 hours. Images of the ads are below: