|Yesterday, Donald Trump called for his followers to hold a rally at the Michigan State Capitol to further his Big Lie (lest we forget what happened the last time he called for a rally at a Capitol). The rally had it all – QAnon conspiracy theorists, election lies, and the same ideology that led to the violent January 6 assault. Every day Republican officials in Michigan and across the country remain silent, giving their implicit support to Donald Trump’s lies and surrendering their party to his extremism and incompetence.
So who showed up to this heinous rally? Only Michigan’s finest…
- The Detroit News: “Michigan representative wears ‘Q’ button to election audit rally”
- MLive: “Kristina Karamo, a Republican running for Michigan Secretary of State, said voters shouldn’t be satisfied with the 2020 audit that Benson’s office oversaw. Karamo, a poll challenger who alleged she witnessed absentee ballot fraud in Detroit, was also endorsed by Trump.”
- Detroit Free Press: “Jon Rocha, of Portage, a Republican who is running against U.S. Rep. Fred Upton, R-St. Joseph, said he expects paperwork for the legislative initiative to be filed with the Board of State Canvassers next week…Rocha has said one of the reasons he wants to unseat Upton is because Upton voted to impeach Trump in January.”
Just to be clear: Donald Trump and his allies are repeating lies that have been disproven over and over AND OVER again.
- Detroit Free Press: “Michigan Republican-led investigation rejects Trump’s claim that Nov. 3 election was stolen”
- Detroit Free Press: “Almost four months after the November presidential election, Michigan has completed its most comprehensive series of post-election audits in the state’s history, confirming the results, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson announced Tuesday.”
- MLive: “Michigan completes general election audits, no foul play found”
- Michigan Radio: “Michigan’s most comprehensive election audit finds no widespread voter fraud”
- Factcheck.org: “Audit in Michigan County Refutes Dominion Conspiracy Theory”