ICYMI: DNC Launches Ads Highlighting GOP Plans to Ban Abortion
June 30, 2022
In case you missed it, the Democratic National Committee launched new digital ads this morning in battleground states highlighting Republicans’ plans to escalate attacks on abortion rights after their decades-long war to overturn Roe v Wade. The ads come as Republicans in some states have implemented abortion bans with no exceptions for rape or incest and federal Republican lawmakers are making clear that if they gain power, they could work to ban abortion nationally.
See some coverage of the ads nationally and in the states where they’re airing:
National: The Hill: DNC launches digital ad campaign hitting Republicans on abortion
- “The ad buy will target 18 to 55-year-old women on Facebook and YouTube in a number of battleground states. The ad cites comments from former Vice President Mike Pence, Senate Minority Mitch McConnell (R-K.Y.), and House Minority Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) suggesting they would be in favor of a nationwide abortion ban.”
Arizona: AZ Mirror: Dems: Republicans won’t stop at overturning Roe if they win in 2022
- “In order to detail what the DNC says is a ‘wildly out of touch … dangerous and deadly’ agenda from Republicans, the party on Wednesday began a week-long ad blitz on Facebook and YouTube focusing on GOP zeal for a national abortion ban.”
Florida: Florida Politics: National Democrats target Florida voters with abortion-themed ad buy
- “‘Now that Republicans have succeeded in their decades-long war to overturn Roe v. Wade, they’re telling voters what they have planned next: banning abortion across the country,’ said DNC States Communications Director Brooke Goren.”
Georgia: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: The Jolt: Democrats’ new ad warns: Republicans won’t stop until abortion is banned.
- “Republicans aren’t done yet. That’s the message from the Democratic National Committee that will greet many Georgia voters in a new digital ad blitz unveiled this morning. The 30-second spot is part of the DNC’s ‘MAGA Hot Mic’ campaign to tie Republican officials to calls by anti-abortion advocates to pass an outright ban on abortions in the wake of the Supreme Court’s watershed ruling that reversed the Roe v. Wade decision.”
Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star: ‘Believe Them’: In new Pa. ad, Dems warn GOP wants national abortion ban | Wednesday Morning Coffee
- “‘Republicans aren’t stopping at overturning Roe,’ the 30-second spot paid for by the Democratic National Committee warns, after the voices and images of such senior Republicans as former Vice President Mike Pence, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, of Kentucky, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, of California, play throughout. ‘They want to go further and ban abortion,’ the ad, which will run for a week on Facebook and YouTube, concludes. ‘Believe them.’”