ICYMI: MAGA Republicans Find New Low
March 1, 2023
In case you missed it, Oversight Committee Chair James Comer stooped to a new low as he attacked President Biden’s deceased son. Following Comer’s disgusting comments, veterans grassroots organization Common Defense called on Comer to apologize to the Biden family and military members and veterans for disparaging Beau Biden’s service and legacy.
Key Point: “House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer invoked the late son of President Joe Biden on Tuesday, lamenting that Beau Biden was never prosecuted… Comer’s invocation of the president’s late son runs contrary to the GOP congressman’s repeated claims that he’s not interested in digging into any Bidens but the president himself.”
- House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer invoked the late son of President Joe Biden on Tuesday, lamenting that Beau Biden was never prosecuted over an investigation into illegal contributions involving his father’s 2008 presidential campaign.
- When he’s not busy threatening pay-TV providers for not carrying his favorite right-wing channels, or warning that Chinese spy balloons may drop “bioweapons” on the U.S., Comer has devoted much of his energy to launching an investigation into presidential son Hunter Biden’s business dealings.
- During an appearance on former Fox Business host Lou Dobbs’ podcast, Comer and the election-denying MAGA acolyte bemoaned that the U.S. attorney probing Hunter Biden has yet to bring any charges.
- United States Attorney for the District of Delaware David Weiss, a Trump-era appointee, has been investigating the president’s son over his tax affairs since 2018, and it has been reported that prosecutors are close to wrapping up the case. Additionally, authorities have also weighed bringing charges against Hunter Biden for allegedly lying on a gun application form.
- At one point, Comer seemingly suggested that Weiss was overly sympathetic to the Biden family before bringing up Beau Biden, the former Delaware attorney general who died of a brain tumor in 2015.
- “This U.S. attorney had had an opportunity to go after the Bidens years ago,” the Kentucky lawmaker huffed. “In fact, it was Beau Biden, the president’s other son, that was involved in some campaign donations from a person that got indicted, as well as Joe Biden was involved in some of these campaign donations when he was a senator, and then when he ran for president against Obama.” […]
- Comer’s invocation of the president’s late son runs contrary to the GOP congressman’s repeated claims that he’s not interested in digging into any Bidens but the president himself.