IN THE STATES: Biden and Democrats Highlight What’s At Stake
August 26, 2022
Last night, President Biden held a rally in Rockville, Maryland, where he was joined by gubernatorial candidate Wes Moore and other Maryland Democrats on the ballot this year to highlight the choice voters have this November between Democrats taking on special interests to deliver for working families, versus Republicans pushing their extreme MAGA agenda that costs Americans.
- In Maryland: The Baltimore Sun: President Biden kicks off Democratic midterm push at a Rockville rally that showcases Maryland’s Wes Moore
- In Maryland: Baltimore Post Examiner: Biden rips into MAGA Republicans, rallies Maryland’s Democrats at Rockville event
- In Maryland: WJLA: WATCH: President Biden rallies with Maryland Democrats in Montgomery County
- In Maryland: Maryland Matters: Biden fires up Democratic faithful at Rockville rally with state party leaders
- In Maryland: Baltimore Banner: Biden rallies Maryland Democrats and stumps for Wes Moore in Montgomery County
- In Maryland: WBAL: Biden stops in Rockville to support Maryland Democrats ahead of general election
- In Maryland: Bethesda Beat: ‘A microcosm of America’: Local supporters turn out for Biden’s visit to Rockville
- In Maryland: WUSA: President Joe Biden joins Wes Moore for DNC rally Thursday at Maryland school
On Thursday, new abortion bans and restrictions went into effect in Idaho, Tennessee, and Texas as Republicans’ extreme, anti-choice agenda continues to take us backwards on reproductive freedom.
- On Idaho’s ban: KUOW: Washington clinics brace for effects of Idaho’s near-total abortion ban
- On Tennessee’s ban: News Channel 9: Tennessee among 4 GOP-led states enacting abortion ‘trigger laws’ this week
- On Texas’ ban: The Texas Tribune: Texans who perform abortions now face up to life in prison, $100,000 fine
On Wednesday, DNC Chair Jaime Harrison traveled to Kentucky to campaign with Senate candidate Charles Booker and support Democrats up and down the ballot.
- In Kentucky: Spectrum News: National Democratic Party leader joins Charles Booker on campaign trail
Following President Biden’s announcement that he is delivering on a campaign promise and taking action to provide up to $20,000 in debt cancellation to Pell Grant recipients and up to $10,000 in debt cancellation to non-Pell Grant recipients, Americans across the country are sharing how the forgiveness will make a significantly positive impact on their lives.
- In Arkansas: Times Record: Student loan forgiveness to help University of Arkansas students
- In Indiana: Journal & Courier: Thousands of Hoosiers to have federal student loan debt erased under Biden plan
- In Iowa: CBS 2 Iowa: Some Iowa students celebrate student loan forgiveness calling it “a huge relief”
- In Louisiana: Louisiana Radio Network: One young family’s perspective on Biden’s student loan relief plan.
- In New Mexico: Santa Fe New Mexican: New Mexico student loan borrowers say they’re happy for any relief
- In North Carolina: WRAL: Local students share how student loan forgiveness will change their future
- In Michigan: 9 and 10 News: Ferris State University React to New Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
- In Texas: The Texas Tribune: Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan could lower debt for more than half of Texas college graduates
After President Biden signed Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act into law last week, local news outlets across the country are full of headlines about how the bill will lower costs on prescription drugs, health care, home energy and more – no thanks to a single Republican vote.
- In Florida: Spectrum News 13: Inflation Reduction Act’s cap on out-of-pocket prescription costs to help Florida Medicare beneficiaries, White House official says
- In Illinois: WQAD8: Illinois Sen. Duckworth talks Inflation Reduction act, lower prescription costs in Silvis visit
- In Iowa: Iowa Starting Line: “I’m For $35 [Insulin] Caps” Grassley Tells Iowans After Voting Against Them
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Review-Journal: Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto touts drug savings under new law
- In New Jersey: NJ.com: Lower premiums, limits on insulin prices & more. How Biden law’s health provisions will affect you
- In Ohio: Sentinel-Tribune: Sen. Brown: The Inflation Reduction Act: A victory for Ohioans
- In Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: White House touts benefits to Pennsylvanians in the Inflation Reduction Act
- In Wisconsin: PBS Wisconsin: Bobby Peterson on the Inflation Reduction Act and healthcare
- In Washington: Seattle Times: How the Inflation Reduction Act could affect WA health care