IN THE STATES: Democrats Call Out Republican Plans to Raise Health Care Costs on ACA Anniversary
March 25, 2022
Meanwhile, Democrats are focused on continuing to cut health care costs, as they did with the American Rescue Plan
This week in the states, as Democrats across the country celebrated the Affordable Care Act (ACA) being signed into law 12 years ago, they also sounded the alarm on Republicans pushing an agenda that would gut coverage, make health care more expensive, and do nothing to lower drug costs for the American people.
- In Wisconsin: WKOW: Democrats, supporters of Obamacare rally on 12th anniversary of passage
- In Wisconsin: WIZM: Area Democrats join call to protect Affordable Care Act, approved 12 years ago
- In Wisconsin: Public News Service: On 12-Year Anniversary of ACA, Wisconsinites Discuss its Impacts
- In Florida: Florida Phoenix: FL Dems highlight protection of Obamacare as an issue in 2022 elections
- In New Hampshire: InDepthNH: Op-Ed: On ACA Anniversary, Republicans Double Down on Healthcare Attacks
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Does the GOP want to repeal Obamacare? Take them literally and seriously
And highlighted how the ACA and Democrats’ continued work to build on it has helped to lower costs and increase coverage for people across the country.
- In Pennsylvania: Penn Watch: Governor Touts Accessible Health Care in Pennsylvania in Celebration of ACA Anniversary
- In Pennsylvania: Times Leader: On ACA’s 12th anniversary, Cartwright advocates for lower prescription costs
- In Maine: Maine Beacon: Mainers spotlight impact of Affordable Care Act, signed 12 years ago today
- In New Jersey: Insider NJ: Assemblywoman Haider, Health Care Advocates Call on Congress to Build on Success of the Affordable Care Act and Lower Health Care Costs
DNC Chair Jaime Harrison helped lead the chorus of Democratic voices, trumpeting how the ACA has helped Georgians and South Carolinians to lower health care costs and access insurance.
- In Georgia: WSAV: DNC Chair: ACA is a Boon for Georgians and South Carolinians
- In Georgia: WFXG: DNC Chair: ACA Has Helped Working Georgians Get Health Care They Need, Save Hundreds on Costs
- In Georgia: CW Atlanta: DNC Chair: Affordable Care Act Has Made Health Care More Accessible for Americans in Georgia