IN THE STATES: Dems Highlight GOP Extremism
November 4, 2022
Election Day is next week and Democrats are reminding voters of the clear choice they have on Tuesday and getting out the vote across the country. President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, former President Barack Obama, and other Democrats were on the road this week to make sure voters know that on everything from reproductive freedom to Medicare and Social Security, Democrats are the only party fighting for working families.
- In Arizona: 12News: ‘Get out and vote’: Obama rallies Democrats in Arizona
- In Florida: NBC Miami: Biden Appears in South Florida to Drum Up Support for Democrats
- In Georgia: WSB: Former President Obama returns to Georgia to rally for Democrats
- In Maryland: WJLA: VP Harris rallies with Wes Moore as Black Democrats aim to make Maryland history
- In Michigan: MLive: Obama rallies with Michigan Dems, boosting Whitmer and mocking Dixon
- In New Mexico: Las Cruces Sun News: Biden touts student debt relief, rallies with Michelle Lujan Grisham in New Mexico
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Sun: ‘Progress over chaos’: Obama, Dems stress getting out to vote in North Las Vegas rally
- In New York: New York Times: Kamala Harris and Hillary Clinton Rally Women to Support Hochul
- In Pennsylvania: Philadelphia Inquirer: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris come to Philly to boost Democrats in Pa.’s high-profile Senate and governor’s races
- In Wisconsin: WPR: During Wisconsin stop, Obama says Evers, Barnes will ‘fight for you’
Vice President Kamala Harris also hit local airwaves to speak directly with voters about the stakes on Election Day and to encourage them to vote early.
- In Georgia: WALR: Vice President Harris Discusses Early Voting, John Lewis on the Frank Ski Show with Nina Brown
- In Wisconsin: WGKB: Vice President Harris on the Stakes of the Midterms, Biden-Harris Accomplishments
A staggering 70 percent of Republicans running for Congress this cycle have either questioned or flat-out denied the results of the 2020 election — a grand total of more than 370 election deniers on the 2022 midterm ballot.
- In Minnesota: MPR News: Nearly 1 in 4 Minnesota GOP legislative candidates questioned 2020 election
- In Nevada: Reno Gazette Journal: Opinion: Democracy may hinge on Nevada’s Secretary of State race
- In North Carolina: Smoky Mountain News: Election deniers are targeting North Carolina elections
- In Pennsylvania: The Philadelphia Inquirer: Editorial: With democracy on the line, voters must reject the threat posed by election deniers on the ballot
- In Rhode Island: The Public’s Radio: Election deniers’ donations to Fung top $100K
- In Wisconsin: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Editorial: Vote for Tony Evers and Mandela Barnes to defend our democracy. Here’s why.
And while Democrats will continue to fight to protect programs like Social Security and Medicare, Americans aren’t happy about Republicans’ promises to cut seniors’ hard-earned benefits.
- In Florida: Spectrum News 13: In Florida visit, Biden says health care, federal programs ‘under siege’ from GOP
- In Kentucky: Messenger-Inquirer: Opinion: Republicans want seniors to pay for tax cuts for the rich
- In Montana: Daily Inter Lake: Opinion: Social Security and Medicare in the crosshairs
- In Wisconsin: UpNorthNews: Obama Unloads on Ron Johnson Threats to Social Security