IN THE STATES: Dems Highlight What’s at Stake
October 28, 2022
With just 11 days left until Election Day, Democrats in states across the country are energizing voters and spreading the word about what’s at stake. This week, Chair Harrison traveled to North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware to help elect Democrats up and down the ballot, while President Biden, Vice President Harris, and other Democratic leaders helped rally voters across the country ahead of the midterm elections.
- In Delaware: Delaware Public Media: Early voting begins: Dems urge voters to hit the polls
- In Iowa: Des Moines Register: Joe Biden, Cindy Axne tout Democratic accomplishments in virtual reception
- In Maryland: Maryland Matters: Dems make pitch to college students on eve of early voting
- In Michigan: The Detroit News: Barack Obama records TV ad promoting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
- In New Mexico: KSFR: VP visits Albuquerque to campaign for governor, hold reproductive rights discussion
- In North Carolina: Spectrum News: Second Gentleman, DNC Chair join Vote4NC Tour
- In Rhode Island: Providence Journal: Jill Biden stumps for Magaziner, McKee to get out the vote in the homestretch
- In Wisconsin: Fox 6: Wisconsin governor’s race; election nears, campaigns intensify
Also this week, President Biden visited upstate New York to highlight Micron’s $100 billion investment in semiconductor chips manufacturing, which will create good-paying jobs. The investment is the latest example of President Biden and Democrats’ success in revitalizing American manufacturing, despite congressional Republicans voting against bringing American jobs back home.
- In New York:
And it’s not just manufacturing jobs that are booming — new data released last week shows states across the country are seeing record low unemployment thanks to the work of Biden and Democrats.
- In Alabama: WVTM: Alabama’s unemployment rate remains at record low
- In California: KSBW: California matches record low unemployment rate
- In Georgia: FOX 5: DOL: Georgia unemployment remains at all-time low, below national average
- In Florida: WCJB: Florida unemployment rate falls to near record low
- In Louisiana: Pelican Post News: Louisiana’s 3.4% unemployment rate is lowest ever
- In Massachusetts: Worcester Business Journal: Mass. unemployment rate fell to 3.4% in September
- In Michigan: Grand Valley Lanthorn: Falling unemployment numbers signal hope for GV graduates
- In Missouri: Springfield Business Journal: Missouri unemployment rate drops to historic low
- In New Mexico: Albuquerque News Journal: New Mexico sees unemployment drop in September
- In Pennsylvania: Wilkes-Barre Times Leader: Pa.’s unemployment rate at 4.1% in September; lowest on record since 1976
- In Tennessee: Clarksville Online: Tennessee’s September Unemployment Rate remained Steady
- In Texas: KFDM: Unemployment rate down in Southeast Texas and across the state
- In Wisconsin: News 8000: Wisconsin’s unemployment rate below national average
And with Election Day around the corner, Republicans are still saddled with their extreme stances on abortion.
- In California: San Francisco Chronicle: Opinion: As a mom and an abortion provider, let me remind you what’s at stake this November
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Sun: Guest Column: GOP’s candidate for attorney general, an abortion extremist, hopes you won’t notice
- In New Hampshire: New Hampshire Bulletin: How claims about a federal abortion ban are roiling New Hampshire as the midterms near
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Democrats seize on Oz’s ‘women, doctors, local political leaders’ abortion response
- In Texas: Austin American-Statesman: Grumet: ‘It’s barbaric,’ says Austin woman denied care as pregnancy unraveled