IN THE STATES: President Biden and Democrats Fight for Affordable Health Care, Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans Threaten to Dismantle It
December 1, 2023
While President Biden and Democrats continue fighting to make health care more affordable and accessible, Donald Trump spent this week doubling down on his threats to rip away health care coverage and spike costs for millions of hardworking Americans by repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- In Florida: Florida’s Voice: Trump reignites Obamacare ‘repeal and replace’ ahead of election
- In Illinois: Heartland Signal: Millions of Midwesterners could lose health care coverage if Trump repeals ACA
- In Nevada: Nevada Current: Trump moves – again – to repeal Obamacare. Democrats – again – pounce.
- In Wisconsin: WisPolitics: WisDems: Like Trump, U.S. Rep. Van Orden supports full ACA repeal
- In Wisconsin: Up North News Radio: Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway of Madison Discusses Trump’s ACA Repeal Threats
This week, President Biden traveled to Pueblo, Colorado to deliver remarks on the landmark Inflation Reduction Act – a bill that local Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert voted against despite the 850 jobs it will deliver to her constituents – and to highlight how the legislation is mobilizing investments in clean energy manufacturing and creating good-paying jobs across America.
- In Colorado: Colorado Springs Gazette: WATCH: President Biden delivers remarks at CS Wind plant in Pueblo
- In Colorado: Colorado Public Radio: Biden to tout funding for green jobs during stop in Pueblo
- In Colorado: The Denver Post: President Joe Biden to visit Denver, Pueblo during rescheduled Colorado trip this week
- In Colorado: 9News: President Biden arrives in Denver for Colorado visit
- In Colorado: The Cheyenne Post: Biden takes fight to Trump ally in Colorado
- In Colorado: Rocky Mountain PBS: President Biden visits CS Wind in Pueblo to talk Bidenomics, Boebert and bright futures
- In Colorado: The Aspen Times: President Biden rails at Lauren Boebert while touting energy policy in her district
- In Colorado: KJCT: Biden targets GOP Rep. Boebert in her district in a fresh political attack on Republicans
Across the country, through the Biden-Harris administration’s Investing in America agenda, the historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Law continues to improve our nation’s infrastructure while helping Americans gain access to clean water and good-paying jobs.
- In California: KTVU: Bay Area ferry services to receive $22M through federal bipartisan infrastructure law
- In Colorado: The Daily Sentinel: River district funds helped in tapping federal money for water projects
- In Delaware: Delaware Business Times: New $90M+ Claymont rail station brings potential
- In Illinois: Chicago Tribune: Biden EPA proposes requirements for utilities to remove toxic lead water pipes within a decade; Chicago likely to get more time
- In Nevada: Nevada Current: Feds announce new funding for Nevada’s threatened springs
- In Ohio: Cleveland.com: President Biden’s bipartisan infrastructure law is delivering for Ohio: Shontel M. Brown
On Thursday, Team Biden-Harris rolled out a new TV ad in battleground states featuring a pediatric nurse from Nevada who highlights how President Biden’s record of lowering health care costs has made a real difference in the lives of Nevada families – a stark contrast from the Trump administration’s failed policies that left families struggling to afford the care they need.
- In Georgia: Atlanta Journal-Constitution: MEDIA BLITZ
- In Illinois: Heartland Signal: Biden-Harris campaign releases new ad in Michigan, other battleground states highlighting president’s health care wins
- In New York: Spectrum News: Biden campaign hammers Trump over Affordable Care Act threats, debuts health care ad in swing states
- In Pennsylvania: Penn Capital-Star: Biden campaign pivots to focus on healthcare
- In Wisconsin: WisPolitics: Biden ad focuses on efforts to reduce prescription drug costs
Today, thanks to the work of Governor Roy Cooper and the Affordable Care Act, North Carolina became the latest state to adopt Medicaid expansion, expanding health coverage to more than 600,000 North Carolinians.
- In North Carolina: North Carolina Newsline: Biden celebrates North Carolina’s expansion of Medicaid, calls for strengthening the ACA
- In North Carolina: North Carolina Public Radio: Expansion adds hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians to Medicaid
- In North Carolina: WRAL: Hundreds of thousands in NC can get Medicaid coverage starting Friday
- In North Carolina: WRAL: After 14 years, billions to flow as 600,000 qualify for Medicaid insurance in NC
- In North Carolina: WBTV: Medicaid to expand Dec. 1 to include nearly 600K additional NC residents
- In North Carolina: WSOC: 600K-plus expected to qualify for Medicaid in NC with Friday expansion
- In North Carolina: WITN: State Medicaid Expansion launching today
- In North Carolina: Asheville Citizen Times: 600,000 North Carolinians now have access to health insurance as expanded Medicaid begins
- In North Carolina: Fayetteville Observer: Medicaid expansion comes to Cumberland County: 35,000 more could be covered
- In North Carolina: WECT: Local leaders preparing as Medicaid expansion starts Dec. 1 in North Carolina
- In North Carolina: WFDD: Medicaid Expansion in North Carolina could help narrow racial disparities in health care
- In North Carolina: Spectrum News: Medicaid expansion in North Carolina goes into effect this week
- In North Carolina: WCTI: North Carolina’s Medicaid expansion set to improve healthcare access for thousands
- In North Carolina: Chapelboro: Medicaid Expansion Starts in N.C.; Orange County Officials Share What to Do