LOCAL HEADLINES: Thanks to Biden-Harris Administration, Kids Under Five Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine
June 22, 2022
Late last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Center for Disease Control authorized and recommended the use of the COVID-19 vaccine for young kids, helping parents and families across the country breathe a sigh of relief. Soon, thanks to a nationwide program launched by the Biden-Harris administration, pharmacies, pediatricians, and other trusted providers will have enough supply to ensure every parent has access to vaccines for their children.
This latest milestone comes despite Republican lawmakers voting unanimously against the American Rescue Plan and doing everything in their power to slow our recovery by ignoring science and attacking public health officials.
Here’s a look at some of the local coverage of President Biden’s push to get kids vaccinated:
- In Arizona: City Sun Times: Arizona’s youngest children now eligible for COVID-19 vaccination
- In Georgia: NBC Atlanta: ‘You don’t want kids to get sick’ — expert explains value of COVID-19 vaccine for young children
- In Michigan: Bridge Michigan: Michigan kids as young as six months can get COVID vaccine within days
- In North Carolina: NBC Raleigh: COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 5 begin in NC at Walgreens, CVS, other locations
- In Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: COVID-19 vaccines for youngest kids ready to roll out across Pa.
- In Wisconsin: NBC Milwaukee: Americans as young as six months old are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccines
- In California: NBC Los Angeles: COVID Vaccines Approved for Children 6 Months Old and Up in Western States
- In Illinois: The Chicago Tribune: ‘We’ve been waiting for this day.’ COVID-19 shots for Illinois’ youngest residents begin.
- In Kansas: Kansas Reflector: Kansas doctors see early demand for COVID-19 vaccines for young children
- In Minnesota: Axios Twin Cities: COVID vaccines begin for Minnesota preschoolers and infants
- In Nebraska: FOX Omaha: Kids under five can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in NE
- In Ohio: Axios Columbus: Kids under 5 are now eligible for COVID vaccines
- In South Dakota: Bismarck Tribune: 50K more North Dakota children eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- In Tennessee: CBS Nashville: Tennessee children under five years old can soon be vaccinated against COVID-19
- In Vermont: Vermont Digger: Covid vaccinations for Vermont children under 5 set to begin in days
- In Virginia: WHSV: After getting approval from the FDA and CDC, children 6 months and older are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.