To the dismay of congressional Republicans who made dire and ridiculous predictions, President Biden and Democrats have spent the first six months of this administration tirelessly delivering for American families, and working to get the country back on track after the failed leadership of the previous administration and a disastrously mismanaged pandemic.
President Biden continues to earn high marks from voters as Americans approve of the progress our country has made:
- CBS News: “Six months into President Biden’s administration, Americans are less apprehensive about the year than they were at the start of it.”
- Gallup: “Fifty-six percent of Americans approve of the job President Joe Biden is doing overall, essentially unchanged from 54% in May. Biden’s approval rating has averaged 56% since he took office, with his monthly approval ratings straying no more than two percentage points from that level.”
President Biden and Democrats passed the American Rescue Plan to fund vaccine deployment, economic rescue payments, and other critical relief:
- Despite unified Republican opposition, President Biden and Democrats delivered $1,400 checks to more than 169 million Americans.
- Under the Biden administration, tens of millions of families with children are receiving up to $300 a month, which will cut child poverty by more than half.
- The American Rescue Plan allotted billions of dollars for vaccine distribution. Under President Biden, daily COVID vaccinations ramped up from 777,000 to 3 million.
COVID cases and deaths have plummeted under President Biden’s leadership as more Americans get vaccinated and life returns to normal:
Under President Biden and Democrats, the economy is booming, with 2021 expected to be one of the best years for economic growth in decades:
- The U.S. economy added more than three million jobs since President Biden took office — the most in the first five months of any administration in modern history.
- Jobless claims and the unemployment rate fell to pandemic-era lows.
- Retail sales are back well above pre-pandemic levels.
- Experts predict U.S. GDP growth of 7% this year, the highest in over three decades.
President Biden cut taxes for families with children and proposed expanded tax credits to help working families:
- The American Rescue Plan expanded the child tax credit so that families receive up to $3,600 for each of their children under 18.
- President Biden’s American Families Plan has extended and expanded tax credits to benefit tens of millions of workers and parents.
The Biden administration cut premiums for those who get health coverage from the Affordable Care Act, and 1.5 million people signed up for coverage during special enrollment:
- Under President Biden and Democrats, millions of Americans are eligible for no-cost health insurance plans through the ACA marketplace.
- More than 1 million ACA marketplace customers have selected a plan for $10 or less per month thanks to the American Rescue Plan.
President Biden ordered some of the strongest actions on gun safety in 20 years and took steps to improve public safety:
- President Biden called on the senate to pass a new ban on assault weapons.
- President Biden ordered the Justice Department to close loopholes on “ghost guns.”
- The Biden administration has ordered five other initial actions to help curb gun violence.
- The American Rescue Plan provided hundreds of billions of dollars that states could use to hire more police and support community-based anti-violence programs.
President Biden has the most diverse Cabinet in history:
- The first openly LGBTQ cabinet secretary, the first Native American cabinet secretary, the first woman treasury secretary, the first African American secretary of Defense, the first Latino secretary of health And human services, and the first Asian American U.S. trade representative.
President Biden took action to advance equality for racial minorities, women, and LGBTQ+ Americans:
- President Biden signed executive actions to address racial equality and expand non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ+ workers and students.
- President Biden created a new Gender Policy Council in the White House and signed a law to combat the rise in hate crimes against Asian Americans.
President Biden ordered the end of nearly 20 years of U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan, restored America’s leadership on the global stage, and is tackling climate change at the global level:
- President Biden committed to withdrawing all US forces from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021.
- America’s place on the global stage has been restored under President Biden after four years of disaster from Donald Trump and the United States is now a trusted ally.
- The Biden administration rejoined the Paris Climate Accords, and for the first time ever, the US hosted a virtual Global Climate Summit where world leaders made commitments to reduce their emissions.
President Biden has proposed massive reforms to our broken immigration system and reversed Trump’s anti-immigrant policies:
- President Biden strengthened protections for Dreamers after Donald Trump tried to end the DACA program.
- President Biden ended Trump’s Muslim ban and freeze of the immigration system. He also granted temporary protected status to Venezuelans.
- President Biden and Democrats proposed far-reaching changes to the immigration system including a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants who are contributing to our economy.