Since the beginning of his campaign, President Biden’s commitment to working across the aisle to pass big and bold progressive legislation and deliver for American families has been doubted by pundits and analysts. Yesterday’s Senate passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal turned those pronouncements on their heads.
How it started:
- Washington Post: Opinion: Hope for bipartisanship is dead. And Joe Biden killed it.
- CNN: Did Joe Biden (already) blow his chance at bipartisanship?
- Los Angeles Times: Biden the dealmaker: Can his approach work in a polarized post-Trump America?
- New York Magazine: To Put America Back Together, Biden Must Ditch Bipartisanship
How it’s going:
- CNN: Biden celebrates a bipartisan win after Senate passes massive infrastructure bill
- Los Angeles Times: Today’s Headlines: Senate approves Biden’s infrastructure bill with funds for California
- New York Magazine: Senate Passes Infrastructure Bill, Moves On to Budget
- New York Times: Senate Passes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, Handing Biden a Bipartisan Win