WHAT THEY’RE READING: Biden’s Budget Would Bolster Communities Across the Country
March 28, 2022
Today, President Biden announced his budget for Fiscal Year 2023, which would impose a new Billionaire Minimum Income Tax on the wealthiest Americans, reduce the deficit by more than $1 trillion over the next decade, advance safety and security at home and around the world, and make the investments needed to build a better America.
Here is what people in states across the country are reading today about how Biden’s budget would impact them:
- In Michigan: Detroit News: Biden’s nearly $6T budget aims to bolster EVs, Great Lakes and PFAS cleanup
- In Florida: Miami Herald: Biden seeks more money for Everglades restoration in 2023 budget
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Biden lays out a ‘fund the police’ budget plan
- In Arizona: AZ Mirror: Biden budget plan would levy minimum tax on billionaires, boost national security
- In Oregon: KDRV: Biden’s Budget Blueprint: Billionaires Beware
- In New Jersey: NJ.com: Here’s what N.J. would get from Biden’s just-released budget proposal
- In New York: New York Post: Biden budget proposal includes $400M for Second Avenue subway project
|President Biden’s middle class-focused budget comes as Republicans have laid out an agenda of tax hikes and raised premiums. Over the weekend, NRSC Chair and Senator Rick Scott struggled to defend his plan to raise taxes on the poorest Americans and sunset Social Security and Medicare in five years. And Senator Ron Johnson is facing heat at home for saying that Republicans should repeal the Affordable Care Act if they take back power, which could raise premiums and kick millions off of their health insurance.