Building Homegrown Prosperity Together
President Biden, Vice President Harris, and Democrats are making unprecedented investments in rural America to help us build homegrown prosperity together. The Democratic Party is committed to strengthening our party, working with rural Americans to deliver results and to build power from the ground up. While Democrats are working to ensure our communities thrive and to build a better America, together, we will also hold Republican lawmakers accountable for standing in the way of progress.
Historic investments are being made through the American Rescue Plan and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. These once-in-a-generation federal investments from both the administration and the Democrats in Congress show that building homegrown prosperity together is a priority.
Overview of Some Investments Focused On Rural America
- $350 billion in state and local funding that is helping make critical investments in 3,000 counties and 30,000 small towns through grants to counties and local governments.
- $198 million for competitive grants to rural community colleges and universities that serve a high percentage of low-income students in rural communities.
- $65 billion to make high-speed internet available to all Americans.
- $55 billion in water and wastewater infrastructure.
- $3.5 billion to improve home energy efficiency for low-income families, reducing energy costs, improving household comfort and safety, and cutting pollution.
- Nearly $1 billion in loan guarantees to back private investment in processing and food supply infrastructure that will strengthen the food supply chain for the American people and create jobs in rural communities.
- USDA committed $1.5 billion in funds from the Commodity Credit Corporation to help schools make direct food purchases and access food purchased by USDA and will also invest in cooperative agreements with state and Tribal governments to purchase foods from local under-served producers.