Meet President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden Sweepstakes - Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering the Meet President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS, WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, OR PUERTO RICO, AND WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). NATIONAL BANKS, CORPORATIONS CHARTERED BY AN ACT OF CONGRESS, ENTITIES THAT ARE NOT NATURAL PERSONS, OR FOREIGN NATIONALS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE, AND DNC SERVICES CORPORATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the Prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members or persons living in the same households of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Winner(s) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility (except where prohibited) affirming their agreement to all terms, conditions, and restrictions in these Official Rules (see Section 12 below).
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries, including due to technical/network failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on June 8, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the Prize.
- Prize. One (1) winner and a guest will receive the following prize package (the “Prize”):
- Travel, hotel stay, and attendance at an event in Washington, D.C. to meet and get a photo with President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden. All travel and hotel arrangements will be made at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Approximate retail value of the Prize: $3,000.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner; (b) the two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful; (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the Prize on the date Sponsor determines to hold such event; or (d) if any prize is otherwise not claimed. The Prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize or any portion thereof will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize. Limit one prize per household or address. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter using one of the following methods:
- Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit this page or other link specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period; or
Contribution Method: Enter by making a contribution to Biden Victory Fund here. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph (b) will not increase your chances of winning the Prize.
- Rules Applicable to All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all mandatory information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any personal information submitted by entrants. Sponsor may collect and use personal information that entrants provide to enter the Promotion to actually conduct the Promotion and contact the potential winner(s). Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list to receive information from Biden for President and the DNC and for other purposes in accordance with their privacy policies, available at https://joebiden.com/privacy-policy/ and https://democrats.org/privacy-policy/. Participants may not enter the Promotion by any and all entry methods combined more than ten (10) times in any calendar day. Entries received beyond the maximum number of ten (10) times in any calendar day will be disqualified. Use of any automated entry software is prohibited.
- Promotion Rules and Random Drawing.
- Each valid entry received during the Promotion Period shall constitute one (1) entry. Limit ten (10) entries per e-mail address per calendar day for the duration of the Sweepstakes.
- One (1) potential winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held by July 1, 2023 following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Sponsor may, at its option, use publicly available sources to review the background of each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving the Prize based on such background review if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail on July 3, 2023. To claim the Prize, the winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in the winner notification. Winner must promptly identify a potential guest to Sponsor, and Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background review and process applicable to potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion for the same reasons applicable to a potential winner. In the event that a potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact the potential winner or is otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award them the Prize, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials that contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entrants also agree not to provide or upload any content which is defamatory, threatening, distasteful, racist, unlawful or otherwise objectionable. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Federal Election Campaign Act Compliance. You hereby represent and warrant that all equipment, materials, and facilities used to enter the Promotion are owned by you and were not provided by a foreign national, national bank, federal contractor, labor organization, or corporation.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, however caused.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner’s guest will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed release of liability, affirming that the guest is 18 years of age (or the age of majority under applicable law), and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner’s guest will also be required to consent to use of the guest’s name, likeness, etc., without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Biden Victory Fund. All rights reserved.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant or winner’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion and receipt of the Prize. Winners are responsible for the conduct of their guests, who also may not violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor or the Promotion (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: DNC Mobilization Dept – – “Meet President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden Sweepstakes” Questions.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of Washington, D.C. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
Sponsor: Biden Victory Fund, 430 South Capitol St SE, Washington DC 20003.